The next high mountain will be Everest. That feels challenging now. Too bad that we couldn't summit Aconcagua. It would have been so good to know what kind of air there is to breath in 7000 meters altitude. But you can't play with the risk of an avalanche, no question about that.
Another thing about my trip to Aco is that we could have summited a day earlier, on Friday. Half of the people on the mountain were hurrying up, because there was bad weather coming according to the weather forecast. The weather in the mountains changes quickly and it is not always so easy to make forecasts. Anyway, you try to pick up the first possibility to summit if you are able to, acclimatized and in good shape.
We all were. But our main guide wanted to wait one more day in camp 2. We had been there already two nights and this was going to be our third. Most of the other groups moved on after two or even after one night, because of the weather situation. Our main guide had earlier said that her boyfriend is also a guide, three days behind us on the same route and that he will come to see her in camp 2.
I can't avoid thinking that we lost our summiting chances when our guide wanted to see her boyfriend. That is a little bit difficult to get over. Much more difficult than too much wind or a risk of an avalanche.
Whatever the real reason was, we didn't get to the summit. And I have to head to Everest with the experience of 6400 meters only. Let's hope it is enough. At least I had no problems with the altitude until we heard about the risk of an avalanche. I felt great until then. Always when I have been a little bit higher up, I have felt really good. But people say that the acclimatization process could be different each time, you can never be sure how it goes. The most important thing is to go up really slowly, not to get yourself tired, drink a lot, eat, rest. This time it all went perfectly. I didn't lose a single kilogram. Lets hope the same happens also at Everest.